VIPER INSECT DUST
Martin's Viper Insect Dust, manufactured by Control Solutions Inc., is formulated to eliminate various insects and parasites from livestock, dogs and home gardens.
It can be easily applied with different types of dusters, shaker cans, or dust bags and even by hand. Viper Insect Dust controls for face flies, fleas, aphids and more with 0.25% permethrin. Insect dust is easily applied to areas around the face, belly and legs making it effective in keeping animals safe from disease carrying parasites.
Using Viper Insect Dust is beneficial is ensuring insecticide is evenly distributed along the bottom and top of crops. When parasites and insects are threatening farms, ranches and gardens, Viper Insect Dust
Tools used depend on what or where dust will be applied. One or more of the following tools for applying Viper Insect Dust are needed: Gloves, shaker can, hand held duster, rotary duster, electric duster, or dust bag.
Use of a handheld power duster equipment is prohibited.
How to Use
- Step 1: Examine the area or animal to be treated to ensure Viper Insect Dust can be applied. Depending on the animal or treated area fill the shaker can, duster or dust bag with Viper Insect Dust. The dust can also be applied by hand.
- Step 2: For horn flies and lice direct application on beef cattle, dairy cattle, and horses, apply 2 oz. of Viper Insect Dust per animal by shaker can over the head, neck, shoulders, back, and tailhead. Repeat as necessary, but not more than once every three days.
- Step 3: Lice on swine direct application, apply 1 oz. of Viper Insect Dust per head as a uniform coat to the head, shoulder, and back by use of a shaker can or suitable mechanical duster. Repeat as necessary, but not more often than once every 10 days. In severe infestation, both animals and bedding may be treated. Do not ship animals for slaughter within 5 days of treatment.
- Step 4: To control Northern Fowl Mites on poultry, apply Viper Insect Dust at a rate of 1 lb. per 100 birds.
- Step 5: To control fleas, ticks, and lice on dogs, use Viper Insect Dust only outside at a rate of 1/2 oz. of product on animals 20 lbs. and under and 1 oz. on pets over 20 lbs. Avoid getting dust in pets’ eyes, nose, mouth, and genital areas. Reapply every three weeks as needed. Do not use on dogs under twelve (12) weeks of age. Dust sleeping area including bedding and cracks and crevices.
- Step 6: For use on home gardens, dust lighly to cover both upper and lower leaf surfaces at the farthest corner of the treatment area and work backward to avoid contact with dusted surfaces. Refer to the label for application rates and time of application for each crop species.
Where to Use
Viper Insect Dust can be applied on beef cattle, dairy cattle, horses, swine, poultry, dogs (older than 12 weeks of age) that weigh 20 lbs. and over or under. This product may also be used in diary farms, facilities, and on home garden crops such as asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, cucumber, muskmelons, pumpkin, squash, watermelon, celery, lettuce (head and leaf), parsley, rhubarb, spinach, eggplant, onions (dry bulb and garlic), peppers (bell), potatoes, sweet corn, tomatoes, asparagus fern, roses, apples, peaches, and walnuts.
Not for use on plants being grown for sale or other commercial use.
When to Use
Apply Viper Insect Dust anytime pests are active on crops, livestock, and dogs. Apply this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted within 24 hours.
Do not ship animals for slaughter within 5 days of treatment.
Viper Insect Dust is safe to use around humans and pets when applied according to the product label instructions. Always wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when mixing and applying this product.
DO NOT USE ON CATS.
Do not use on dogs under twelve (12) weeks of age.
For maximum outdoor use, apply Viper Insect Dust during calm weather to prevent wind and rain disturbance.